35km Did you know?
Date: Sunday 24 October 2021
Start: Old Main Road, Lillies Quarter, Hillcrest
Finish: Masabalala Yengwa Pedestrian Bridge, Durban
Distance: 35km with full road closure
Online entries: Close 22 September 2021
Entry cost: Great News!! We are running an early bird special from November 2020 to 31 January 2021 – enter at 2019 entry price – R195
1 February 2021 – entry price increase
Please note the age restriction for the 35km is 10 years old
Cyclists are batched according to the batch they select when entering online. There are 4 options to choose from: School, Family, Tandem and Open. The 35km ride is NOT timed, please do not wear a timing chip.
Friends of the Amashova Batch: This batch is only open to cyclists who took part and completed the 2020 Virtual Amashova
All cyclists wanting to participate in road cycling events longer than 20km have to have a license, this is in accordance with the Cycling South Africa rules. A day license costs R50 and will be added to your online entry.
Click on the merchandise button to see all the styles you can purchase with your online entry
Approach to 35km start
Coming from Durban – Drop-Off Option 1: Drop and Go
Old Main Road/Hillcrest Exit from M13 Exit 31
1. Take the Old Main Road/ Hillcrest Exit from M13 Exit 31
2. Drive towards Hillcrest and turn left into Heritage Market Centre at the Shell Garage
3. Drop your cyclists off at the Shell Garage
4. You may leave and exit onto the M13 Pietermaritzburg bound – YOU CANNOT GO TOWARDS DURBAN ON M13
5. To get back to Durban leave M13 at Shongweni and go to N3 and you can get to Durban on N3
Coming from Durban – Drop-Off Option 2: Drop and Go
Plantations Exit/to Hillcrest from M13 Exit
1. Turn right into Shongweni Road and travel about 800m
2. Turn left into Hospital road
3. Drive towards old Main Road
4. Drop cyclists at the Hillcrest Corner shopping centre on the right
5. Then return to the M13 retracing your directions
6. You CANNOT drive to Durban on M13 – you can only go on the N3
7. Turn right onto M13 and exit at Shongweni
8. Turn left and drive toward N3 to Durban
Please note no spectators are allowed at the start, on the route or at the finish. If you are dropping cyclists at the start it will be a drop and go.