35km Did You Know?
35km Fun Ride
Date: Sunday 20 October 2019
Start: Old Main Road, Lillies Quarter, Hillcrest
Finish: Suncoast, Durban
Distance: 35km with full road closure
Online entries: Open 5th March 2019
Online entries: Close 19th September 2019
Late entry cost: R250 if you pay with cash
R280 if you pay with a card
If you have not entered the race and would like to do a late entry you can do so at the below dates and times. Late entries are not seeded and only pre entries will receive goodie bags
Thursday 17 October from 13h00 to 18h00
Friday 18 October from 09h00 to 18h00
Saturday 19 October from 09h00 to 16h00
Venue: Southern Sun Maharani Hotel
Please note the age restriction for the 35km is 10 years old
There are amazing merchandise specials available at number collection.
Approach to 35km Start
Coming from Durban – Drop-Off Option 1: Park and Watch start
Old Main Road/Hillcrest Exit from M13 Exit 31
You can only leave once everyone has left the start area approximately 06h14
- Take the Old Main Road/ Hillcrest Exit from M13 Exit 31
- Drive towards Hillcrest and turn left into Heritage Market Centre at the Shell Garage
- Park and watch the cyclists start opposite Oscar’s in Lillie’s Quarter
- You may leave and exit onto the M13 Pietermaritzburg bound – YOU CANNOT GO TOWARDS DURBAN ON M13
- To get back to Durban leave M13 at Shongweni and go to N3 and you can get to Durban on N3
Coming from Durban – Drop-Off Option 2: Drop and Go
Plantations Exit/to Hillcrest from M13 Exit
- Turn right into Shongweni Road and travel about 800m
- Turn left into Hospital road
- Drive towards old Main Road
- Drop cyclists at the Hillcrest Corner shopping centre on the right
- Then return to the M13 retracing your directions
- You CANNOT drive to Durban on M13 – you can only go on the N3
- Turn right onto M13 and exit at Shongweni
- Turn left and drive toward N3 to Durban
Cyclists are batched according to the batch they select when entering online. There are 4 options to choose from: School, Family, Tandem and Open. The 35km ride is NOT timed, please do not wear a timing chip.
All cyclists wanting to participate in road cycling events longer than 20km have to have a license, this is in accordance with the Cycling South Africa rules. It is beneficial to you to purchase a cycling license at the beginning of the year to ensure maximum benefit at other events as well as the Amashova. Click here to view all benefits of having a CSA license.
If you only want to cycle one race a year then you can purchase a day license when you do your online entry for R35
Hospitality after the race
Join us in the hospitality area after the race at Suncoast Casino on the beautiful Sundeck. Corporate and club sites are available. Email [email protected] for more info and to book.