35km Did You Know?
35km Fun Ride
Date: Sunday 18 October 2020
Start: Old Main Road, Lillies Quarter, Hillcrest
Finish: Suncoast, Durban
Distance: 35km with full road closure
Online entries: Open March 2020
Online entries: Close 16th September 2020
Entry cost: R195
Please note the age restriction for the 35km is 10 years old
There are amazing merchandise specials available at number collection.
Approach to 35km Start
Coming from Durban – Drop-Off Option 1: Park and Watch start
Old Main Road/Hillcrest Exit from M13 Exit 31
You can only leave once everyone has left the start area approximately 06h14
- Take the Old Main Road/ Hillcrest Exit from M13 Exit 31
- Drive towards Hillcrest and turn left into Heritage Market Centre at the Shell Garage
- Park and watch the cyclists start opposite Oscar’s in Lillie’s Quarter
- You may leave and exit onto the M13 Pietermaritzburg bound – YOU CANNOT GO TOWARDS DURBAN ON M13
- To get back to Durban leave M13 at Shongweni and go to N3 and you can get to Durban on N3
Coming from Durban – Drop-Off Option 2: Drop and Go
Plantations Exit/to Hillcrest from M13 Exit
- Turn right into Shongweni Road and travel about 800m
- Turn left into Hospital road
- Drive towards old Main Road
- Drop cyclists at the Hillcrest Corner shopping centre on the right
- Then return to the M13 retracing your directions
- You CANNOT drive to Durban on M13 – you can only go on the N3
- Turn right onto M13 and exit at Shongweni
- Turn left and drive toward N3 to Durban
Cyclists are batched according to the batch they select when entering online. There are 4 options to choose from: School, Family, Tandem and Open. The 35km ride is NOT timed, please do not wear a timing chip.
All cyclists wanting to participate in road cycling events longer than 20km have to have a license, this is in accordance with the Cycling South Africa rules. It is beneficial to you to purchase a cycling license at the beginning of the year to ensure maximum benefit at other events as well as the Amashova. Click here to view all benefits of having a CSA license.
If you only want to cycle one race a year then you can purchase a day license when you do your online entry for R35