Approach to 106km Start
Race date: Sunday 23 October 2022
The start will be under the Comrades Gantry outside the Pietermaritzburg City Hall. We suggest being dropped off at Golden Horse Casino and riding to the start. The marshals will direct you to the start batches
Please note no spectators are allowed at the start, on the route or at the finish of the events
Batches will start under the Comrades Gantry
Batch layout for the Amashova Durban Classic
- Timing mats will be at the start and any cyclist starting in a higher batch than they have been seeded to, will be picked up by Race Tec and will face immediate disqualification.
- Category AL, must line up directly under the start banner in their demarcated areas. Category BL, CL and DL will line up behind the first batch. Amashova will have a rolling start. As you arrive for your start time you will be allowed into the start batch to start your race
- No cyclists will be permitted to approach from the front. Marshals will ensure that cyclists enter the correct batch. Please assist the organisers by ensuring that offending cyclists waiting in incorrect batches move out immediately.
- Cyclists will be requested to wait for their start time on the boardwalk holding area. Please do not arrive early for your start batch. Marshals will be in position to assist you. Batches are lead to the start area by marshals with signs clearly indicating each batch.
- As the race progresses and the start area become vacant the marshal will lead the cyclists forward in their batches to the start line.
- Latecomers will be allowed into the batches from the rear only.
- There is a 5 minute starting time gap between the batches
- The main race will commence at 06h00
- Entries to the event are limited