Approach to 106km Start
Approach to 106km start in Pietermaritzburg
1. New England Road (from which you can access Boshoff Street and the CBD)
2. Ortmann Road (from which you can access Boshoff Street and the CBD, but avoid using the lower ends of Church Street)
3. Sanctuary Road (Liberty Midlands Mall) from where you can access Boschoff Street and Chief Albert Luthuli Street (old Commercial Road), the road in which the start takes place.
The Sanctuary Road off ramp would be the one of choice from an access and safety point, loading from the back of the event with a drop off in and around the Chief Albert Luthuli Street / Greyling Street intersection.
We would also recommend that participants do NOT use the Church Street off ramp for safety reasons.
Media, VIP’s and support Vehicles (with vehicle accreditation passes)
- Turn left into New England Road
- After the second set of Traffic lights the road curves to the right and becomes Surrey Road. It then becomes Boschoff Street.
- From Boschoff Street turn left into Jabu Ndlovu Street
- Line up outside the Game building in either Jabu Ndlovu Street or in Chief Albert Luthuli Street
- Make sure that your vehicle pass is clearly visible.
Batches will start at the official Tsogo Sun Amashova Start Banner outside the City Hall in Alan Paton Avenue (Commercial Road)
Batch layout for the Tsogo Sun Amashova Durban Classic
- Timing mats will be at the start and any cyclist starting in a higher batch than they have been seeded to, will be picked up by Race Tec and will face immediate disqualification.
- Category AL, must line up directly under the Tsogo Sun Amashova Start Banner in their demarcated areas. Category BL, CL and DL will line up behind the first batch.
- No cyclists will be permitted to approach from the front in Alan Patton Avenue (Commercial Road). Entry to these batches is from Pietermaritz Street. Entry to the batches will be from the back of the batches. Marshals will ensure that cyclists enter the correct batch. Please assist the organisers by ensuring that offending cyclists waiting in incorrect batches move out immediately.
- Cyclists will be requested to wait for their start time in Pietermaritz Street holding area. Marshals will be in position to assist you. Batches are lead to the start area by marshals with signs clearly indicating each batch.
- As the race progresses and the start area become vacant the marshal will lead the cyclists forward in their batches to the start line.
- Latecomers will be allowed into the batches from the rear only. Access entrances will be on the City Hall side of Alan Paton Avenue (Commercial Road) only.
- There is a 5 minute starting time gap between the front batches and a 3 minute time gap for the open seeded
- The main race will commence at 07h00
- The number of batches will depend on the final number of entries to the race.