Approach to 80km Start for 2021
Race date: Sunday 24 October 2021
Approach to 80km start in Durban
The start will be under the Moses Mabhida Bridge on MY Avenue. We suggest parking at Suncoast Car Park 3. Once you have parked you can exit on your bicycle at the North end of the car park – you will see feather banners and branding. The marshals will direct you to the start batches
Please note no spectators are allowed at the start, on the route or at the finish of the events
Batches will start under the MMS Bridge in Masabalala Yengwa Avenue (NMR Avenue)
Batch layout for the Amashova Durban Classic
- Timing mats will be at the start and any cyclist starting in a higher batch than they have been seeded to, will be picked up by Race Tec and will face immediate disqualification.
- Category AL, must line up directly under the bridge in their demarcated areas. Category BL, CL and DL will line up behind the first batch. Amashova will have a rolling start. As you arrive for your start time you will have your temperature taken and you will be allowed into the start batch to start your race
- No cyclists will be permitted to approach from the front in Masabalalala Yengwa. Marshals will ensure that cyclists enter the correct batch. Please assist the organisers by ensuring that offending cyclists waiting in incorrect batches move out immediately.
- Cyclists will be requested to wait for their start time on the boardwalk holding area. Please do not arrive early for your start batch. Marshals will be in position to assist you. Batches are lead to the start area by marshals with signs clearly indicating each batch.
- As the race progresses and the start area become vacant the marshal will lead the cyclists forward in their batches to the start line.
- Latecomers will be allowed into the batches from the rear only.
- There is a 5 minute starting time gap between the batches
- The main race will commence at 05h30
- Entries to the event are limited