Approach to 106km Start
Race date: Sunday 23 October 2022
The start will be under the Comrades Gantry outside the Pietermaritzburg City Hall. We suggest being dropped off at Golden Horse Casino and riding to the start. The marshals will direct you to the start batches
Batches will start under the Comrades Gantry
Batch layout for the Amashova Durban Classic
- Timing mats will be at the start and any cyclist starting in a higher batch than they have been seeded to, will be picked up by Race Tec and will face immediate disqualification.
- Licensed Categories must line up first and then Category AL, BL, CL and DL will line up behind the licensed batches. You will start the race when it is your batch time. Batch times will be smsed to entrants the week of the event
- No cyclists will be permitted to approach from the front. Marshals will ensure that cyclists enter the correct batch. Please assist the organisers by ensuring that offending cyclists waiting in incorrect batches move out immediately.
- Batches are lead to the start area by marshals with signs clearly indicating each batch.
- As the race progresses and the start area become vacant the marshal will lead the cyclists forward in their batches to the start line.
- Latecomers will be allowed into the batches from the rear only.
- There is a 5 minute starting time gap between the batches
- The main race will commence at 06h00